I don't have any good pics of the basement as it currently sits, because 1, the dust down there is sort of unbearable at times (yes, I have lots of plastic up, and yes, I wear a respirator) and 2, the more stuff I rip out, the less lighting I have.
But...today was a good day. I'm not gonna lie, I was dragging this morning. Piles of busted up plaster were scattered all over, I still had a plaster wall to contend with, and I knew that no matter how hard I worked, I was going to run out of clock before the goal was accomplished. Around lunchtime I switched up the music - The Interrupters and MxPx Pandora stations were the choices - and that put a little pep in my step.
When it was all said and done, I had gotten more done than I thought I was going to. I definitely uncovered more structural things that will need to be addressed, but the front room is down to a quick, final cleaning. I got the hallway at the bottom of the stairs pretty well cleared out as well, which leaves the furnace/laundry room - which is pretty small - and the ceiling in the back room...which is also plaster underneath drywall...as the only major things left on the demo agenda. I may get to them tomorrow, I may not. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Either way, I'm a little closer to getting to build - instead of unbuild - tonight than I was this morning, and that's kinda all that counts.
Comments are closed.