Sometimes we get so busy that I don't have time to do everything I need to do...like update the blog, or send out quotes/invoices, or dry myself off after my morning shower. And right now...even with some hiccups in the schedule that we didn't really have any control over...stupid busy.
Busy with what, you might be asking yourself?
Well...on the general contracting front, a couple weeks ago we got hired to do a variety of things for a homeowner out in west county, although we were on such a tight deadline that I didn't stop to take a lot of pictures. Because we had to skedaddle out of there ASAP to get on to the next job, I definitely didn't stop to take any pics of any finished work. Regardless, a lot of the work was pretty pedestrian stuff, and nothing to get too excited about in terms of photo ops.
But...we did have to re/finish a staircase as part of the job. We don't normally do a ton of that kind of work, but we have in the past and it was part of the scope of work, so we put in quite a few hours tearing out carpet, spackling (9 million) holes, burning up sandpaper, staining and poly'ing the threads, painting the risers, etc. The end result turned out really well, although you'll just have to take my word for it because like I said...there wasn't any time for final pics.
From that job we bounced over to another west county client and got to do some work that was a little more trim-carpentry-heavy. The client's house has wainscoting all over the place, and among a variety of other tasks, the job required us to remove some of the wainscoting and replace it with...more wainscoting. However, the new wainscoting made use of tin ceiling panels, which added a pretty creative and unique touch to the otherwise fairly standard wainscoting throughout the rest of the house. Accent wainscoting, if there is such a thing, is what I'd call it.
The new wainscoting - which got installed on the wall shown in the pics as well as the backside of the wall shown in the pics - didn't come without a ton of wall prep work, most of which involved filling holes and divots of all shapes and sizes, as well as skim coating over the evidence of the previous wainscoting. Once the wainscoting was installed...we put away the white ceiling paint (part of the scope of work on this particular job involved painting the ceiling in a couple rooms; for the record, 5 gallons of ceiling paint is a LOT of paint to roll on 2 ceilings) and got out the green. The end result looks pretty solid, and is definitely a twist on traditional wainscoting.
In terms of smaller projects, there are still a couple cutting boards that need to get shipped, and I received an Etsy order from a Nebraskan a few days ago for some smaller items. The TV stand I've been working on intermittently still needs some final detail work, and on top of all that and regular business responsibilities (site visits, talking to clients, sending out quotes and invoices, etc.) I've been trying to get the ball rolling on an upcoming project that I'm pretty excited about. I'll save the details for another time, but in short...sometime in the next 3-5 weeks...this little guy (it's a 7' long trestle table) is going to come to life: